Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Important notice

This is a note that I've posted on Facebook and the request holds good. Leave comments or if you havem't email, please get in touch immediately.

I have a friend in India who's typical of many young women from communities in the interior whose parents are pretty much determining her life against her wishes. I'm being diplomatic in the way I'm putting this. I'm not being melodramatic when I say that she is in a certain degree of physical danger and what I would like, if I may impose on all who read this and feel so compelled, to provide me a few options to give her in how to proceed in getting out of a messy situation.

What I'm looking for are NGOs in India that work with young women at risk. Additionally, she could probably use some words of encouragement, so at the very least, I'd be happy to share that encouragement with her.

I'm assuming most of you have my email and for those of you who don't, pleasepleaseplease leave comments.. Time is of the essence, and I would like to see what I can do to get her to a place of safety, if possible, and if not, to at least let her know that she isn't forgotten.

Thanks.

P.S.

I will be contacting those of you work in foreign service. This young woman is a perfect example of how sad net position of women in developing nations is. I will be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment