Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Choraha, day three!

This is the third attempt at publishing this post. I'll write first and post pictures next.
We're almost done with painting the smaller classroom which is looking more and more like, well, a classroom. Myriam left to return home to Paris last night and there was a lot of laughter and a bit of sadness. Something tells me that she'll be back, though.
We would love to have the classroom done tomorrow and have the kids moved in. My personal goal is to have the second, larger room done before I leave (not sure if that's possible) and at the very least, it would be nice to supply the kids with some textbooks, too.
I'll write more later about some of the other ways people can help and I'd like to prepare a report for any and all interested parties to review.
In the meantime, the classroom photos are pretty self-explanatory. The picture with the tractor is from in front of Kapil's family's house. They're farmers, but I hasten to add that Kapil's father is also a policeman who called while we were having chai in Bodhgaya to tell Kapil to move his motorcycle, which was parked whe it shouldn't have been. At least, he didn't fine his son!

No comments:

Post a Comment