Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bodh Gaya: The Heritage Hotel


I paid  for lodging in Bodh Gaya during the Kalachakra, and since then, have discovered how lucky I am. However, I'm profoundly grateful to have a nice place to stay while so many are toughing it out in tents and people's homes and paying dearly themselves. In many ways, many people are making more effort than I am for the teachings. I have comfort; many others have less, and still others, none.

I made reservations at the Heritage online and Sanjay Kumar, the owner, was kind enough to pick me up at Gaya Airport. Sanjay's great! He's also humble and probably wouldn't want me to go on about him too much, but he's a dear friend and a good man. His dad is also a trustee for Dhammabodhi here in Bodh Gaya and is likewise genuine and down to earth.


I stayed at the Heritage for a week or so and enjoyed the accommodations. I'm perfectly happy to recommend the Hotel to anyone coming to Bodh Gaya. The Heritage has another floor being added to it and the guest house has two floors (one up, one down) under construction. The Saffron Hotel at the Heritage is also a bonus! Really good food and Amarnath is an excellent, helpful fellow.
One view from my balcony.

Another view.
Reception: the black looks like black marble or obsidian. The recessed lighting is a great touch and notice Ganesh on the left side and His Holiness the Dalai Lama on the right side of the divider.

I want this coffee table.

One of the very comfy chairs in the lobby. Sanjay is also a stage designer and  the interior was designed by him; the furniture is hand-picked and unfortunately, I don't have any shots of my first room, but below is a link to the website where you can see interior photos of the rooms.

Mr. Sanjay Kumar, the man himself! A true gem of a  friend!

Check out the website, too: http://www.hotelheritagebodhgaya.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment