Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Scenes along the way here and there

The daylight photos below are from the area near the guest house where I'm staying. The nighttime scenes are on the main drag to and down the road along the Sujata Bypass. Hope you enjoy them.

For the record, I'll be posting a couple of more substantial (i.e., text) posts in the next couple of days to provide a context for some of the things I've taken pictures of and in general, why I'm here in the first place.

In the meantime, here's some more local color.
Bihar is mostly wetlands and there is an extensive pond/marsh that spans the distance between my guest house and the road that leads into Bodhgaya proper.






The white building behind is the guest house but...

....I really just wanted an image of this venerable fellow.
One last shot of the marsh; the plastic bottle you see is just a part of the reality. Sadly, along with poverty comes pollution. The temptation is to do a post on the amount of garbage that litters the landscape here and there, too.
There was something fascinating about coming across a camel in the dark on  the main road. On either side of the road, there are these "disco tents" of revelry and chai stalls and shops that seem to have grown up mushroom-like over the past few days.

The Sujata Bypass is not lit usually, but for a good stretch, there are vertically oriented florescent lights to provide some illumination.
I thought this tree would be more interesting if I caught it like this. Not necessarily, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment